Friday 20 March 2015

Universal Studios Japan. Lazy trip

USJ have seasonal attractions and I made a trip there over Christmas to check out the lights.  Yes I am attracted to pretty flashing things.  I ended up having lunch there, as well as morning tea.  Aaah, bugger it, this is a general "Day at USJ" post.


The morning starts.  I recommend getting there early and ordering your tickets before you go. Otherwise long lines await you even before you reach the gates.  You can easily buy them from a Loppi machine at the local convenience store 7-11, Lawson etc.  Check out this linky here.

Assuming you're pre-armed head straight to the Harry Potter park thing to nab an entrance ticket.  This will allocate a time you can enter Hogwarts.  Yes, it is that busy there, even during the weekdays.  Then amuse yourself until then.

I was hungry so I forked out 550 Yen for a hotdog.  Didn't taste like a 550Yen Hotdog.  I found a table nearby, along with an amusingly Christmas themed Jaws....



Aw, no slapping the pigeons?  Booooring.

Pigeon slappless morning tea finsihed and I headed into Harry Potter land.  It's pretty cool with the car in the forest and sounds and stuff as you walk in.  The atmosphere is pretty clever.  First stop was of course the new Harry Potter ride "The Forbidden Journey."

Without a doubt the best ride in the park you should definitely go!

As usual the wait was long.  Actually it wasn't too bad, about 45 minutes for me.  Make your have company that you like, or some form of amusement.  Once inside the building though, enjoy the atmosphere as you walk around Hogwarts.  Some of the little attractiony bits are really cool.  Also very hard to photograph with a phone, since you have to put your bags in a locker before the ride.

Trust me, you will NEED to do that!

Castle Grounds
Moving pictures!

Dumblebore's office




Dark Rooms

Dark Arts classroom

Sorting hat!

The ride is great fun.  Then I was off to Hello Kitty Land, on the lookout for the special Hello Kitty drink, it was a hot chocolate.  Sadly I completely missed where it was.  But there we go.  Have some pink pictures instead.

Hello Kitty dress there Ladies and Gentlemen.

Man It's hard formatting on this webpage.  

A fair bit of walking around and general souvenir shopping was involved.  Here's some random pictures of stuff.

Masks.  Cute

In Jurrasic Park land.  I like it there, good atmosphere.

I had lunch in the Jurrasic park section and you could have a variety of stuff.  Have a look at what I had.  More importantly, check out that egg!
Ha ha ha ha ha!

Some walking and enjoying the atmosphere and I ended up at the Spiderman ride.  Pretty good fun that one!


The inside was pretty cool and check out the computers as you walk through the offices of the Daily Bugle.  They have little half stories typed up on them!

Finally I was winding up for going home, managed to hit a few more of the goods shops and find some amusing Christmas themed drinkys.

So Cute!

As well as this freaky Elmo.  Who at first look to me looks like he's vomiting himself up.  What the hell was going on here????


I hung around for the Special Christmas Projection Mapping thing and it was fun.  Projection Mapping is all the rage at the moment.  As well as the Tallest Christmas tree in Japan.  But all those pictures are on my real camera.  Whoops.

In the end, I bought a Griffindor scarf and Tie.  Bloody expensive they were too, but still cool.  The tie surprises by being made of silk!


Tre Sexy.






No comments:

Post a Comment