Wednesday 5 November 2014

Mocha Cream Melon Pan - Bread Review

Carrying on with my bread reviews, I bring on another.  Here is one for Mocha Cream Melon Pan.

Usually melon pan is a bun with a sweet melon flavoured covering of sugar over the top forming a patchwork of diamonds on the top.  It's delicious, full of excessive calories and is probably very bad for you.

I love it.

I see that recently, Melon pan has become a term for a bun covered with the patchwork diamonds and sugar coating, but it doesn't always have to taste like melon anymore.  This Mocha Cream Melon Pan (hereby referred to as MCMP as I am lazy fingered) had no melon flavouring in it at all.  Which I was relieved about.
Diamond covered bread like this is usually means it's covered in sugar.  You are warned!




Melon pan is normally slightly green, and tastes a bit like a Honey Dew Melon.  The MCMP  is obviously brown, has a delightful coffee/chocolate flavour going on over the top and teases your eye with chocolate drops on top.

So much wrong for the body, but it looks so nice!

It tastes really good too!

The topping of this beauty isn't limited to the topping.  Rip that sucker in half and BEHOLD!


The creamy temptation within.

Oooh, you saucy vixen you.  The inner cream is a stronger mocha flavoured cream that just adds an extra punch to the bread.  It tasted really good as it wasn't too sweet nor too coffee flavoured making a perfect balance between the two.

I really liked this bun and will certainly get my hands on it again.  Slightly saddened that I forgot to take a picture of the package.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment