Sunday 22 February 2015

Strawberry Jam and Whipped Cream - Bread review

Having a soft spot for ye old scones, jam and cream (as well as pike-lets jam and cream), I got a bit over excited and bought this bun hoping for it to be somewhat similar.  After all strawberry jam and cream usually make almost anything taste delightful.





Naturally, I prepared for this one and had a cup of tea close at hand.  The bread has a normal Japanese bun look to it when you take it out of the packet.  That's no bad thing really.


I took my first bite and it was devoid of cream.  Whoops.  Obviously I had bitten on the wrong side .  I munched my way through to the cavern inside which should have housed the jam and cream.  It did, but was a little bit lacking.  The strawberry jam was actually pretty good and I have no complaints about that at all.  The cream wasn't sweet either, or I couldn't tell from the bread probably being sweet and the jam inside anyway, but it tasted okay.

I ate through a bit more and it was just all right.  Not horrible, but not all that great either.  I think it could have definitely done with some more cream in there.


It was OK, but I should have trusted my instincts and stuck to scones, jam and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment